DNB event: Developing on AWS including Containers and Microservices
This is a tailored AWS course for DnB. In this course, you will learn how to use the AWS SDK to develop secure and scalable cloud applications. We will explore how to interact with AWS using code and discuss key concepts, best practices, and troubleshooting tips. This course also includes a 2-day workshop on Microservices on AWS.
This course is for DNB employees only!
- Intermediate-level software developers
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language
- Working knowledge of core AWS services and public cloud implementation
- This course is delivered through a mix of:
- Instructor-led Training
- Hands-on Labs
In this course, you will learn to:
- Interact with AWS services and develop solutions by using the AWS SDK.
- Use AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) for service authentication.
- Use Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and Amazon DynamoDB as data stores.
- Integrate applications and data by using AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), and AWS Step Functions
- Use Web Identity Framework and Amazon Cognito for user authentication.
- Use Amazon ElastiCache to improve application scalability.
- Use containers in the development process.
- Leverage the CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications on AWS.
Course outline day 1-3:
- Introduction to AWS
- Introduction to Developing on AWS
- Introduction to AWS Identity and Access Mangement
- Developing Storage Solutions with Amazon S3
- Developing Flexible NoSQL Solutions with Amazon DynamoDB
- Developing Solutions with AWS Lambda
- Developing Solutions with Amazon API Gateway
- Developing Solutions with Amazon SQS and Amazon SNS
- Developing Event-Driven Solutions with AWS Step Functions
- Caching Information for Scalability
- Getting Started with Containers
- Developing Secure Solutions
- Deploying Secure Solutions
- Deploying Applications
Course outline day 4-5:
- Module 1a: Overview of Microservices on AWS
- Module 1b: Containers and Docker
- Lab 1: Building and Running your First Container
- Module 2: Continuous Delivery for Container-Based Microservices
- Lab 2: Using the ECS Service Scheduler
- Module 3: High Availability and Scaling with Amazon Elastic Container Service
- Lab 3: Continuous Delivery Pipelines for Container-based Microservices
- Module 4: Security for Container-based Microservices
- Lab 4: Extending ECS with Service Discovery and Config Management