VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting [V7]
This five-day, hands-on training course provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve competence in troubleshooting the VMware vSphere® 7.x environment. This workshop increases your skill and competence in using the command-line interface, VMware vSphere® Client™, log files, and other tools to analyze and solve problems.
It is important that you use an email for the registration that you can reach during the course.
- You will receive 4 rolling licenses - 2 for a PC/MAC, and 2 for mobile devices.
- You will receive the e-book in advance of the course; this will allow you to read the materials before the course starts.
- System administrators
- System integrators
This course requires completion of one of the following prerequisites:
Experience in working with a command-line interface is highly recommended, as is completion of VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V7].
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Introduce troubleshooting principles and procedures
- Practice Linux commands that aid in the troubleshooting process
- Use command-line interfaces, log files, and the vSphere Client to diagnose and resolve problems in the vSphere environment
- Explain the purpose of key vSphere log files
- Identify networking problems based on reported symptoms, validate and troubleshoot the reported problem, identify the root cause and implement the appropriate resolution
- Analyze storage failure scenarios using a logical troubleshooting methodology, identify the root cause, and apply the appropriate resolution to resolve the problem
- Troubleshoot vSphere cluster failure scenarios and analyze possible causes
- Diagnose common VMware vSphere® High Availability problems and provide solutions
- Identify and validate VMware ESXi™ host and VMware vCenter Server® problems, analyze failure
scenarios, and select the correct resolution
- Troubleshoot virtual machine problems, including migration problems, snapshot problems, and connection problems
- Troubleshoot performance problems with vSphere components
Read the official course description here
Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking the VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization 2019 (VCP-DCV 2019) exam. As per 30th of January 2019, no new release of the certification is available