VMware vSphere: Whats New [V5.5 to V6.5]
In this three-day, hands-on training course, you will explore the new features and enhancements in VMware vCenter Server® 6.5 and VMware ESXi™ 6.5. Real-world use case deployment scenarios, hands-on lab exercises, and lectures will teach you the skills that you need to effectively implement and configure VMware vSphere® 6.5. This course is recommended for customers who want to deploy vSphere 6.5 into their existing vSphere environment.
It is important that you use an email for the registration that you can reach during the course.
- You will receive 4 rolling licenses - 2 for a PC/MAC, and 2 for mobile devices.
- You will receive the e-book in advance of the course; this will allow you to read the materials before the course starts.
System architects, system administrators, IT managers, VMware partners, and individuals responsible for implementing and managing vSphere architectures.
This course requires completion of one the following courses or equivalent knowledge and administration experience with VMware ESX®/ESXi and vCenter Server:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5 or V6]
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.5 or V6]
- VMware vSphere: What’s New [V5.5 or V6]
- • VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting [V5.5 or V6]
- List and describe key enhancements in vSphere 6.5
- Use VMware vSphere® Client™, VMware Host Client™, and the VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™
- Add users to the lockdown exception users list and test the lockdown mode
- Configure virtual machines to check for and install newer versions of VMware Tools™
- Upgrade virtual machines to the current hardware
- Create a multisite content library for synchronizing virtual machine templates, vApps, ISO images, and
- scripts across vCenter Server instances
- Enable the VMware vSphere® Authentication Proxy service to automatically add new hosts to the Active
- Directory domain
- Configure NFS- and iSCSI-backed virtual volumes to provide a common storage platform, independent of
- the underlying storage hardware
- Create storage policies and use these policies with virtual machines and virtual volume datastores
- Work with VMware vSphere® Network I/O Control to create and configure a distributed switch
- Use VMware vSphere® vMotion® to migrate virtual machines across vCenter Server instances
- Activate the high availability feature of vCenter Server Appliance
- Back up a vCenter Server Appliance instance by using a file-based backup solution from the vCenter
- Server Appliance Management Interface
- Use virtual machine encryption to encrypt and decrypt virtual disks
- Use encrypted vSphere vMotion to securely migrate virtual machines
- Migrate from Windows vCenter Server to vCenter Server Appliance
Read the official course description here
This course will make you ready for the VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization v6.5 exam.
Other relevant courses