VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage v6.7
This five-day course features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere® 6.7, which includes VMware ESXi™ 6.7 and VMware vCenter Server® 6.7. This course prepares you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organization of any size.
It is important that you use an email for the registration that you can reach during the course.
- You will receive 4 rolling licenses - 2 for a PC/MAC, and 2 for mobile devices.
- You will receive the e-book in advance of the course; this will allow you to read the materials before the course starts.
- System administrators
- Systems engineers
- OBS! Kurset VMware vSphere 6.7: Install, Configure, Manage vil først og fremst rette seg mot deg som er ny på VMware.
Har du erfaring med VMware bør du vurdere å gå kurset "VSFT: VMware vSphere Fast Track Program" som kombinerer innholdet i VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage med avanserte oppgaver og krav til ferdigheter for å kunne konfigurere en svært tilgjengelig og skalerbar virtuell infrastruktur.
- System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
- Describe the software-defined data center
- Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
- Add ESXi hosts to a VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™ instance
- Manage vCenter Server Appliance
- Use a local content library as an ISO store, and deploy a virtual machine
- Describe vCenter Server architecture
- Use vCenter Server to manage an ESXi host
- Configure and manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware Host Client™ and VMware vSphere® Client™
- Describe virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Configure standard switch policies
- Use vCenter Server to manage various types of host storage: VMware vSphere® VMFS, NFS, iSCSI, and
- Examine the features and functions of Fibre Channel and VMware vSAN™
- Manage virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Migrate virtual machine storage with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Monitor resource usage, and manage resource pools
- Discuss the VMware vSphere® High Availability (vSphere HA) cluster architecture
- Configure vSphere HA
- Manage vSphere HA and VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
- Use VMware vSphere® Replication™ and VMware vSphere® Data Protection™ to replicate virtual
- machines and perform data recovery
- Use VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ clusters to improve host scalability
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi
- hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations
- Identify troubleshooting methodology to logically diagnose faults and improve troubleshooting efficiency
Read the official course description here.
Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking the VMware® Certified Professional (VCP) 6.5 exam. As per 7th of August, no new release of the certification is available
Other relevant courses