VMware vSphere: Advanced Troubleshooting Workshop [V6.7]
This five-day, intensive hands-on training workshop provides you with advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve competence in troubleshooting the VMware vSphere® 6.7 environment. This workshop is aimed at experienced system administrators and introduces methods and skills that use management command-line interfaces (CLIs) and VMware vSphere® ClientTM. This workshop focuses on investigating and resolving problems, analyzing log files to help you recognize log file entries that identify root causes, and configuring specific key vSphere features.
- ESXi 6.7
- vCenter Server 6.7
It is important that you use an email for the registration that you can reach during the course.
- You will receive 4 rolling licenses - 2 for a PC/MAC, and 2 for mobile devices.
- You will receive the e-book in advance of the course; this will allow you to read the materials before the course starts.
Senior system administrators, experienced system administrators
Senior system integrators, experienced system integrators
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Use the command-line interface, log files, and vSphere Client to diagnose and resolve problems in the vSphere environment
- Practice Linux commands that aid in the troubleshooting process
- Analyze vSphere log files and determine the root cause of specific problems
- Troubleshoot storage problems and apply the appropriate resolution to these problems
- Troubleshoot and resolve networking problems
- Troubleshoot virtual machine problems, including migration problems, snapshot problems, and connection problems
- Identify VMware ESXi™ host and VMware vCenter Server® problems, analyze failure scenarios or misconfigurations, and rectify them
- Troubleshoot performance problems with vSphere components and apply mitigations
- Configure and manage the vSphere infrastructure to improve availability and operational stability
Read the official course description here