VMware vSAN: Fast Track
During this five-day, intensive course, you gain the knowledge, skills, and tools to plan and deploy a VMware vSAN™ cluster. You learn about managing and operating vSAN. This course focuses on building the required skills for common Day-2 vSAN administrator tasks such as vSAN node management, cluster maintenance, security operations, and advanced vSAN cluster operations.
You also focus on learning the tools and skills necessary to troubleshoot vSAN 7 implementations and gain practical experience with vSAN troubleshooting concepts through the completion of instructor-led activities and hands-on lab exercises.
This course is a combination of the following courses: VMware vSAN: Plan and Deploy, VMware vSAN: Management and Operations, and VMware vSAN: Troubleshooting.
Storage and virtual infrastructure consultants, solution architects, and administrators who are responsible for production support and administration of VMware vSAN [v7].
You should have the following understanding or knowledge:
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe vSAN concepts
- Detail the underlying vSAN architecture and components
- Explain the key features and use cases for vSAN
- Identify requirements and planning considerations for vSAN clusters
- Describe the different vSAN deployment options
- Explain how to configure vSAN fault domains
- Detail how to define and create a VM Storage policy
- Discuss the impact of vSAN storage policy changes
- Describe vSAN storage space efficiency
- Explain how vSAN encryption works
- Identify requirements to configure vSAN iSCSI target
- Detail HCI Mesh technology and architecture
- Detail vSAN file service architecture and configuration
- Explain the use cases of vSAN Direct
- Describe how to setup stretched and two-node vSAN clusters
- Explain the importance vSAN node hardware compatibility
- Describe the use of VMware vSphere® Lifecycle Manager™ to automate driver and firmware installations
- Detail vSAN resilience and data availability
- Discuss the vSAN cluster backup methodology
- Describe the vSAN maintenance mode and data evacuation options
- Define the steps to shut down a vSAN cluster for maintenance
- Explain how to use proactive tests to check the integrity of a vSAN cluster
- Use VMware Skyline Health™ for monitoring vSAN health
- Apply a structured approach to troubleshoot vSAN cluster configuration and operational problems
Read the official course description:
VMware vSAN: Fast Track [V7]