VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage [V7.3]
During this five-day course, you will focus on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vRealize® Automation™. You will learn about the configuration and use of the vRealize Automation platform, including self-service provisioning and the creation of catalog services that include predefined virtual machines, software components, and on-demand VMware NSX® networks. This course also covers interfacing vRealize Automation with other systems using VMware vRealize® Orchestrator™ to leverage workflows, creating approval cycles, and managing machine lifecycles to conserve resources. In addition, you will better understand and know how to achieve the benefits of automation as a component of the software-defined data center.
We use e-books for all of our VMware courses.
It is important that you use an email for the registration that you can reach during the course.
- You will receive 4 rolling licenses - 2 for a PC/MAC, and 2 for mobile devices.
- You will receive the e-book in advance of the course; this will allow you to read the materials before the course starts.
- Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for designing and implementing VMware Horizon® solutions
This course requires completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.5]
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V6.5]
Experience with working at the command line is helpful.
- The course presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Install and configure VMware ESX®/VMware ESXi™
- Install VMware vCenter Server®
- Create vCenter Server objects, such as data centers and folders
- Create and manage vCenter Server roles and permissions
- Create and modify a standard switch
- Create and modify a distributed switch
- Connect an ESX/ESXi host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
- Create a VMware vSphere® VMFS datastore
- Enable VMware vSphere® vMotion® on an ESX/ESXi host
- Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
- Migrate a virtual machine with vSphere vMotion
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ cluster with resource pools
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster
If you are unable to complete all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete one of the prerequisite courses before enrolling in VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the vRealize Automation architecture and use cases
- Install and configure vRealize Automation
- Manage vRealize Automation entities on VMware and third-party virtual, cloud, and physical infrastructures
- Configure and manage catalogs and blueprints
- Configure and manage business groups and reservations for compute resources on VMware, Microsoft, Amazon, and other platforms
- Use the self-service portal to request and manage machines in accordance with vRealize Automation approval and governance policies
- Explain vRealize Automation extensibility and workflows
- Manage and monitor machines and resource reclamation
Read the official course description here.
VMware Certified Professional 7 – Cloud Management and Automation (VCP7-CMA)
Other relevant courses