VMware PKS: Install, Configure, Manage Workshop [V1.2]
This four-day course features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware® PKS 1.2, a purpose-built container solution to operationalize Kubernetes for multicloud enterprises and service providers. VMware PKS significantly simplifies the deployment and management of Kubernetes clusters with Day 1 and Day 2 operations support. This course prepares you to install and administer a VMware PKS environment for an organization of any size.
- VMware PKS 1.2
- VMware vSphere® 6.7 U1
- VMware NSX-T Data Center 2.3
We use e-books for all of our VMware courses.
It is important that you use an email for the registration that you can reach during the course.
- You will receive 4 rolling licenses - 2 for a PC/MAC, and 2 for mobile devices.
- You will receive the e-book in advance of the course; this will allow you to read the materials before the course starts.
- Experienced system administrators or system engineers
This course has the following prerequisites:
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Explain how the VMware PKS platform enables enterprises to deploy and manage the Kubernetes platform as a service on premises
- Describe the VMware PKS platform architecture
- Describe the preinstallation activities, such as how various topologies of VMware PKS can be deployed and how to meet prerequisites before installing VMware PKS
- Describe how BOSH unifies release engineering, deployment, and life cycle management of cloud software in a VMware PKS platform
- Describe how PCF Operations Manager is used to configure and deploy the VMware PKS platform components
- Describe how VMware NSX-TTM Data Center integrates with VMware PKS to provide networking and security services for all the components in a VMware PKS Kubernetes environment
- Install, manage, monitor, and troubleshoot a VMware PKS Kubernetes environment
- Use Day 2 operations to create, view, scale, and delete Kubernetes clusters and upgrade VMware PKS
Read the official course description here.