VMware Horizon 7: Install, Configure, Manage [V7.10]
This five-day, hands-on course gives you the skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform. This course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing VMware Horizon® 7 through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You learn how to configure and deploy pools of virtual machines, how to manage the access and security of the machines, and how to provide a customized desktop environment to end users.
E-books for all of our VMware courses.
It is important that you use an email for the registration that you can reach during the course.
- You will receive 4 rolling licenses - 2 for a PC/MAC, and 2 for mobile devices.
- You will receive the e-book in advance of the course; this will allow you to read the materials before the course starts.
This course is eligible for use og PSO credits. Read more about PSO credits here: PSO Credits Vmware
Technical personnel who work in the IT departments of end-customer companies and people who are responsible for the delivery of remote or virtual desktop services.
Customers attending this course should have, at a minimum, the following VMware infrastructure skills:
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
- Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system
- Create snapshots of virtual machines
- Configure guest customization specifications
- Modify virtual machine properties
- Convert a virtual machine into a template
- Deploy a virtual machine from a template
Attendees should also have the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
- Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
- Restrict users’ activities by implementing Group Policy objects
- Configure Windows systems to enable Remote Desktop Connections
- Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Recognize the features and benefits of VMware Horizon
- Install and configure View Connection Server
- Create and optimize Windows VMs to create VMware Horizon desktops
- Describe the purpose of Horizon Agent
- Compare the remote display protocols that are available in VMware Horizon
- Configure and manage the Horizon Client systems and connect the client to a VMware Horizon desktop
- Configure, manage, and entitle automated pools of full VMs
- Configure, manage, and entitle pools of instant-clone desktops and linked-clone desktops
- Install and configure View Composer
- Outline the steps and benefits for using TLS CA signed certificates in VMware Horizon environments
- Use the role-based delegation to administer a VMware Horizon environment
- Configure secure access to VMware Horizon desktops
- Understand and create Remote Desktop Services (RDS) desktops and application pools
- Install and configure VMware App VolumesTM to deliver and manage applications
- Deploy VMware Dynamic Environment Manager for user and application management
- Install and configure a Just-in-Time Management Platform (JMP) server for managing JMP components
- Describe VMware Dynamic Environment ManagerTM Smart Policies
- Use the command-line tools available in View to back up and restore the required VMware Horizon databases
- Manage the performance and scalability of a VMware Horizon deployment
- Identify the benefits of the Cloud Pod Architecture feature for large-scale VMware Horizon deployments
Read the official course description here
This course is recommended as a preparation for the following exam: VMware Certified Professional - Desktop and Mobility 2019 (VCP-DTM 2019)