VMware Cloud Foundation: Management and Operations [V3.9.1]
This three-day course includes instruction on the capabilities, including customization and management, and explains the architecture of VMware Cloud Foundation™. This course explains license management, certificate management, maintenance, and lifecycle management. The course covers workload domains, workload migration, availability, and troubleshooting and provides an overview of VMware vSAN™ and VMware NSX® implementation in VMware Cloud Foundation.
It is important that you use an email for the registration that you can reach during the course.
- You will receive 4 rolling licenses - 2 for a PC/MAC, and 2 for mobile devices.
- You will receive the e-book in advance of the course; this will allow you to read the materials before the course starts.
This course provides live labs for hands-on experience of key course objectives and explains how to use and configure VMware Cloud Foundation 3.9.
- VMware Cloud Foundation 3.9.x
- VMware vSphere 6.7 U3
- VMware NSX Data Center for vSphere 6.4.6
- VMware NSX-T Data Center 2.5
Experienced system administrators, system integrators, and consultants responsible for implementing and managing VMware Cloud Foundation.
This class requires system administration experience with VMware vSphere deployments or completion of one of the following courses:
Experience with VMware NSX® Data Center for vSphere® or VMware NSX-T™ Data Center is highly recommended.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe VMware Cloud Foundation architecture
- Use SDDC Manager to perform operational tasks
- Describe user roles in VMware Cloud Foundation and VMware vSphere®
- Manage users and passwords using VMware Cloud FoundationDescribe workload domains
- Manage workload domains in VMware Cloud Foundation
- Manage vSAN storage in a workload domain
- Implement NSX networking for the management domain and VI workload domains
- Describe the importance of business continuity measures in VMware Cloud Foundation
- Plan appropriate backup-and-restore workflows for VMware Cloud Foundation components
- Implement stretched clusters in VMware Cloud Foundation workload domains
- Manage certificate rotation for VMware Cloud Foundation components
- Plan workload migration from a legacy datacenter to your VMware Cloud Foundation instance
- Describe VMware Cloud Foundation lifecycle management
- Troubleshoot VMware Cloud Foundation with appropriate tools
Read the official course description here
This course is currently not associated with any certifications.