VMware Carbon Black EDR Advanced Analyst
This one-day course teaches you how to use the VMware Carbon Black® EDR™ product during incident response. Using the SANS PICERL framework, you will configure the server and perform an investigation on a possible incident. This course provides guidance on using Carbon Black EDR capabilities throughout an incident with an in-depth, hands-on, scenario-based lab.
It is important that you use an email for the registration that you can reach during the course.
- You will receive 4 rolling licenses - 2 for a PC/MAC, and 2 for mobile devices.
- You will receive the e-book in advance of the course; this will allow you to read the materials before the course starts.
Security operations personnel, including analysts and incident responders.
This course requires completion of the following course:
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Utilize Carbon Black EDR throughout an incident
- Implement a baseline configuration for Carbon Black EDR
- Determine if an alert is a true or false positive
- Fully scope out an attack from moment of compromise
- Describe Carbon Black EDR capabilities available to respond to an incident
- Create addition detection controls to increase security
Read the official course description here