VMware Carbon Black EDR Advanced Administrator
This one-day course teaches you how to use the advanced features of the VMware Carbon Black® EDR™ product. This usage includes gaining access to the Linux server for management and troubleshooting in addition to configuring integrations and using the API. This course provides an in-depth, technical understanding of the Carbon Black EDR product through comprehensive coursework and hands-on scenario-based labs. This class focuses exclusively on advanced technical topics related to the technical back-end configuration and maintenance.
It is important that you use an email for the registration that you can reach during the course.
- You will receive 4 rolling licenses - 2 for a PC/MAC, and 2 for mobile devices.
- You will receive the e-book in advance of the course; this will allow you to read the materials before the course starts.
System administrators and security operations personnel, including analysts and managers.
This course requires completion of the following course:
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the components and capabilities of the Carbon Black EDR server
- Identify the architecture and data flows for Carbon Black EDR communication
- Identify the architecture for a cluster configuration and Carbon Black EDR cluster communication
- Describe the Carbon Black EDR server data types and data locations
- Use the API to interact with the Carbon Black EDR server without using the UI
- Create custom threat feeds for use in the Carbon Black EDR server
- Perform the integration with a syslog server
- Use different server-side scripts for troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot sensor-side configurations and communication
Read the official course description here