Understanding ASP.NET Core Security
In ASP.NET Core, Microsoft changed and overhauled many security features. This course will bring you up to speed to not only the news in ASP.NET Core, but also whats going on in the industry regarding web security.
During this workshop youll get the answers to the following questions:
- What must I do to mitigate common attacks on my ASP.NET Core website?
- How does encryption work in ASP.NET Core and how can I leverage that in my app?
- What kind of authentication options are there and how do they work?
- How and when do I implement ASP.NET Core Identity?
- What are OAuth2 and OpenIdConnect?
- How and when do I use the IdentityServer framework?
- What is the correct way to do authorization on my controllers? And where does authorization data come from?
Dont make the mistake many made before you: Dont let security be an afterthought. It is a vital part to think about at the time you design your application architecture.
About the instructor: Ronald Harmsen
Ronald Harmsen is a senior consultant and instructor based in the Netherlands. Ronald has been professionally developing software since 1997 and has chosen .NET as his primary development environment since version 1.0. He has extensive experience in developing web applications with ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, WCF, Silverlight and HTML5.
Ronald is passionate about software architecture and improving performance of both applications and development teams. He focuses on building high quality software and is member of the board at the Institute for Software Quality.