Oracle Database 12c R2: New Features for 12c R1 Administrators Ed 1 - NYHET!
The Oracle Database 12c R2: New Features for 12c R1 Administrators course is designed for existing 12c Release 1 DBAs. In addition to covering the New Features of R2, this course also introduces students to the Oracle Database Cloud Service.
- Create and manage application containers and applications in multitenant container databases.
- Manage resources in a multitenant container database and pluggable databases with Resource Manager performance profiles and new memory directives.
- Perform pluggable database flashback.
- Upgrade the multitenant container databases and pluggable databases.
- Manage security by using enhancements in unified auditing, system privileges, Privilege Analysis, Data Redaction, Transparent Sensitive Data Protection and Transparent Data Encryption.
- Manage data availability by using Recovery Manager, Oracle Data Pump features and SQL*Loader enhancements, and by performing enhanced online operations.
- Increase the SQL performance by using the In-Memory Column-Store enhancements at deployment and SQL performance.
- Tune the SQL performance by using the Optimizer Statistics Advisor and SQL join processing.
- Monitor your databases by using DB operations enhancements.
- Benefit from enhancements in partitioning methods.
- Benefit from ADR automatic space file management.
- Use the Trace File Analyzer collector to diagnose issues.
- Use the new SQL*Plus history commands and SQL enhancements such as long identifiers.
- Use the new SQLcl utility to benefit from commands and features missing from SQL*Plus itself.
- Describe the Oracle Public Cloud services related to databases management.
Benefits to you:
In the lessons, you learn the new and enhanced features of Oracle Database 12c Release 2 (18.104.22.168) amongst different areas such as Multitenant, security, availability, performance, diagnosability, manageability, partitioning and SQL.
You also learn how to easily deploy databases with Oracle Database Cloud Services, check automated backups and monitor your Cloud deployment with new Cloud tools.
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 11g R2
- Oracle Database 12c: Install and Upgrade Workshop
- Using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c Ed 2
- Create and manage pluggable databases
- Describe the challenges and benefits of a sharded database
- Handle the ADR automatic file space
- Diagnose database issues by using the Trace File Analyzer collector
- Use the new SQL*Plus history commands and SQL enhancements such as long identifiers
- Use the SQLcl new utility as the new SQL command line interface
- Create and manage a multitenant container database
Read the official course description here.
This course maps directly to exam 1Z0-074: Upgrade Oracle DBA 11g or 12c to 12c R2. If you already have the Oracle Database 11g or 12c Administrator OCP, you will become Database 12c R2 Administration Certified Professional by passing this exam.