Oracle Database 12c: Performance Management and Tuning
In the Oracle Database 12c: Performance Management and Tuning course, learn about the performance analysis and tuning tasks expected of a DBA: proactive management through built-in performance analysis features and tools, diagnosis and tuning of the Oracle Database instance components, and diagnosis and tuning of SQL-related performance issues. In this course, you will be introduced to Oracle Database Cloud Service.
- Use the Oracle tuning methodology.
- Use Oracle-supplied tools for monitoring and diagnosing SQL and instance performance issues.
- Use database advisors to proactively correct performance problems.
- Identify and tune problem SQL statements.
- Monitor instance performance by using Enterprise Manager.
- Tune instance components.
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Cloud Service.
Benefits to you:
The DBA will analyze the SQL performance with available tools. The DBA will be introduced to various methods of identifying the SQL statements that require tuning and the diagnostic tools used to find ways to improve performance. This will include the use of statistics, profiles to influence the optimizer, and using the SQL Advisors.
- Oracle Database 12c R2: Administration Workshop
- Oracle Database 12c: Install and Upgrade Workshop
- Use the Oracle Database tuning methodology appropriate to the available tools
- Utilize database advisors to proactively tune an Oracle Database Instance
- Use the tools based on the Automatic Workload Repository to tune the database
- Diagnose and tune common SQL related performance problems
- Diagnose and tune common Instance related performance problems
- Use Enterprise Manager performance-related pages to monitor an Oracle Database
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Cloud Service
Read the official course description here.