Oracle Database 12c: Introduction to SQL
This introduction to SQL training teaches you basic concepts of relational databases and the SQL programming language. You'll gain essential SQL skills to write queries against single & multiple tables, manipulate data in tables & create database objects.
This course is a combination of these two courses that may be taken separately:
- Understand the basic concepts of relational databases ensure refined code by developers.
- Create reports of sorted and restricted data.
- Run data manipulation statements (DML).
- Control database access to specific objects.
- Manage schema objects.
- Manage objects with data dictionary views.
- Retrieve row and column data from tables.
- Control privileges at the object and system level.
- Create indexes and constraints; alter existing schema objects.
- Create and query external tables.
Use of Development Tools
The main development tool used in this training is Oracle SQL Developer. SQL*Plus is available as an optional development tool. This is appropriate for a 10g, 11g and 12c audience.
- Data processing
- Familiarity with data processing concepts and techniques
- Identify the major structural components of the Oracle Database 12c
- Manage objects with data dictionary views
- Manage schema objects
- Retrieve row and column data from tables
- Run data manipulation statements (DML) in Oracle Database 12c
- Use scalar and correlated sub-queries
- Utilize views to display data
- Write SELECT statements that include queries
- Write multiple-column sub-queries
- Control database access to specific objects
- Create reports of aggregated data
- Create reports of sorted and restricted data
- Create tables to store data
- Display data from multiple tables using the ANSI SQL 99 JOIN syntax
- Employ SQL functions to retrieve customized data
Read the official course description here.
This course is recommended as preparation for exam 1Z0-071.
This exam is one of the two required exams that you need to earn the Oracle Database 12c R2 Administration Certified Associate certification.
Other relevant courses