Oracle Database 12c: Backup and Recovery Workshop
In this Oracle Database 12c R2: Backup and Recovery Workshop, students learn how to perform backup and recovery based on the related Oracle Database architecture components. Various backup, failure, restore, and recovery scenarios are provided so that students learn to evaluate their own recovery requirements and develop an appropriate strategy for backup and recovery procedures. This course includes an interactive workshop, with scenarios that provide participants with opportunities to diagnose and recover from several failure situations.
- Develop appropriate backup and recovery procedures to address your business needs.
- Implement backup and recovery settings and perform backup operations to disk and tape.
- Employ Oracle Database recovery procedures to recover from media and other failures.
- Diagnose and repair data failures.
- Use Flashback Technologies and data duplication to complement backup and recovery procedures.
- Secure the availability of your database by appropriate backup and recovery strategies.
Benefits to you:
The student benefits by gaining a deeper understanding of possibly the most important job of a DBA – backup and recovery. The concepts and architecture that support backup and recovery, along with the steps of how to carry it out in various ways and situations, are covered in detail. Students gain knowledge of the Recovery Manager (RMAN) command line interface for various backup, failure, restore, and recovery scenarios, including tape backup and data duplication. (Familiarity with basic database tools and utilities, such as, SQL*Plus, is assumed.)
- Teknisk konsulent
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 12c
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL (for DBA use)
- Oracle Database 12c R2: Administration Workshop Ed 3
- Using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c Ed 2
- Describe the Oracle Database architecture components related to backup and recovery operations
- Plan effective backup and recovery procedures
- Describe Oracle Database backup methods and recovery operations that can be used to resolve database failure
- Configure the database for recoverability
- Use Recovery Manager (RMAN) to create backups and perform recovery operations
- Use the Data Recovery Advisor to diagnose and repair failures
- Use Oracle Flashback Technologies to recover from human error
- Perform an encrypted database backup and restore
- Perform tablespace point-in-time recovery
- Describe Cloud Tooling for Backup and Recovery
Read the official course description here.
Other relevant courses