MS-600: Building applications and solutions with Microsoft 365 core services
Building applications and solutions with Microsoft 365 core services course is designed for persons who are aspiring to the Microsoft Teams Application Developer role. In this course, students will learn how to build collaboration solutions leveraging 4 central elements of Microsoft 365 platform: implementing Microsoft identity, working with Microsoft Graph, extending and customizing SharePoint, and building applications for Microsoft Teams.
Students in this course are interested in the Microsoft 365 development platform or in passing the Microsoft Teams Application Developer Associate certification exam. Students should also have 1-2 years experience as a developer. This course assumes students know how to code and have a basic understanding of REST APIs, JSON, OAuth2, OData, OpenID Connect, Microsoft identities including Azure AD and Microsoft accounts, Azure AD B2C, and permission/consent concepts.
- Students should have 1-2 years experience as a developer. This course assumes students know how to code and have a basic understanding of REST APIs, JSON, OAuth2, OData, OpenID Connect, Microsoft identities including Azure AD and Microsoft accounts, Azure AD B2C, and permission/consent concepts.
- It is recommended that students have some experience developing solutions on Microsoft Teams, Office Add-ins, or SharePoint Framework through all phases of software development.
By actively participating in this course, you will learn about the following:
- Implementing Microsoft Identity
- Working with Microsoft GraphExtendi
- ng Microsoft 365 with SharePoint Framework
- Building apps for Microsoft Teams
Module 1: Implement Microsoft Identity
- Getting Started with Microsoft Identity
- Application types in Microsoft identity
- Permissions and Consent Framework
- Secure custom APIs with Microsoft Identity
- Work with users, groups, and roles in custom apps and APIs
Module 2: Build Apps with Microsoft Graph
- Optimize data usage with query parameters
- Optimize network traffic with Microsoft Graph
- Access user data from Microsoft Graph
- Manage Group lifecycle with Microsoft Graph
- Access Files with Microsoft Graph
- Use change notifications and track changes with Microsoft Graph
Module 3: Extend Microsoft 365
- Introduction to customizing and extending SharePoint
- Introduction to Office client customization with add-ins
Module 4: Develop Apps for Microsoft Teams
- Overview of building apps for Microsoft Teams
- Task-oriented interactions with messaging extensionsTabs in Microsoft Teams
- Create interactive conversational bots
- Collect input with task modules
- Webhooks in Microsoft Teams
- The Microsoft Graph teamwork endpoint
- Authentication and single sign-on in Microsoft Teams
- Deploy your Microsoft Teams app
This training will help you prepare for exam MS-600: Building Applications and Solutions with Microsoft 365 Core Services.
If you pass exam MS-600 you have earned the Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Application Developer Associate certification.