MS 20485: Advanced Windows Store App Development Using C#
This course you will learn advanced programming practices and techniques that will help you develop Windows Store apps. In this course, you will learn how design and develop Windows Store apps, as well as implement advanced features, such as using location information, streaming media to external devices, and integrating with online services. You will also learn how to use Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 and Expression Blend tools.
This course is intended for professional developers who have one or more years of experience creating applications for a production environment and who are comfortable programming in C# and XAML to create Windows Store apps.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- 6 – 12 months experience programming in C#
- 3 – 6 months experience using Visual Studio 2013 (including experience using preview builds)
- 1 month of experience working on Windows Store apps
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Review basic Windows Store app concepts and how Windows Store apps integrate with the Windows 8.1 ecosystem.
- Explore the built-in WinRT animation library and storyboards, and apply transitions and transformations.
- Localize the Windows Store app UI and apply language-specific formatting to a multi-lingual app.
- Create and present a successful splash screen, and differentiate your app with branding.
- Use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching strategy for their app, and use advanced file access methods.
- Work with custom and template controls, and create and consume a WinRT component.
- Print using the Printing API and explore the Play To API.
- Explore the Push Notification Service (WNS), and work with push notifications.
- Use the CameraCaptureUI API and the MediaCapture API.
- Create and consume background tasks.
- Discover sensors, test their availability, and handle sensor events and device availability, and enumerate devices and their capabilities and properties and use the capabilities.
Read complete course description:
This course maps to the 70-485 exam.