This 3-day MoV Foundation course provides a modular and case-study-driven approach to learning Management of Value (MoV). The core knowledge is structured and comprehensive; and well-rounded modules cover the methodology and various techniques. A case study is used to help appreciate the relevance of MoV in its practical application.
MoV is about maximizing value in line with program and project objectives and key stakeholder requirements. It is not simply about minimizing costs. The fundamental question that MoV addresses is, “Are we maximizing the value of our essential investments so we are getting optimal benefits, at an affordable cost, with a known and acceptable level of risk?” Because value is subjective, MoV must also seek to achieve an optimum balance between all of the stakeholders and their needs.
- Senior Management
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Change Managers
- Project and Program Office staff and their sponsors
MoV Foundation qualification is targeted for professionals involved in:
- Management and staff in an organization and wish to use MoV; whether MoV is embedded in their organization or not.
- Directing, managing, supporting and delivering portfolios, programs and projects.
- Applying the methods in other PPM guides to build on and enhance the activities to maximize value and delivery of benefits.
There are no formal prerequisites.
- Purpose of the guide
- What is value
- What is management of value
- Why i MOV Important
- Where and when should MOV be used
- MOV in relation to other Best Management Practice guidance
- The structure of this guide
- Align with organizational objectives
- Focus on functions and required outcomes
- Balance the variables to maximize value
- Apply MOV throughout the investment decision
- Tailor MOV Activity to suit the subject
- Learn from experience and improve
- Assign clear roles and responsibilities and build a supportive culture
a.Frame the program or project
e.Evaluate and Select
f.Develop value-improving proposals
g.Implement and share outputs
- Function Analysis
- Function cost analysis
- Value engineering / Analysis
- Techniques commonly used in MOV
Approach to Implementation
- Plan the MOV activities
- Understand and articulate value
- Prioritize value
- Improve Value
- Quantify Value
- Monitor improvements in value
- Learn lessons
The exam is will take place at the end of the course on onsite classroom courses
For Virtual courses we will send out a voucher that gives you access to an online exam. This can be booked and taken home monitored by a proctor via camera. More information about the exam rules will be send from PeopleCert.
- The MoV Foundation exam is in closed book format.
- The exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions.
- A minimum score of 50% is required to pass the exam.
- The exam lasts 40 minutes. Additional time may be given for certain handicaps and if the exam is not available in the candidate’s native language.
- Identification is required