MasterClass: Public Key Infrastructure Management (PKI) with Windows Server 2016
This 5-day course is considered essential for anyone who would like to expand the knowledge about Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) in Microsoft technologies. During the course PKI is covered in depth, starting from the best practices for implementing PKI and ending up with advanced issues that happen during the implementation.
Network administrators, infrastructure architects, security professionals, systems engineers, network administrators, IT professionals, security consultants and other people responsible for implementing network and perimeter security, Chief Security Officers.
"Excellent course that rised my PKI skills to the next level "
- attendee at MasterClass: PKI Deployment in June 2014
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Learn how to evaluate and select appropriate PKI technologies.
- Understand the benefits of certificates used in the infrastructure.
- Learn how to install and configure PKI environments according to the best practices taken from practical experience.
- Learn how to choose the right architecture, infrastructure, and practices for PKI implementation
- Learn how to manage the certificate lifecycle.
- Adjust PKI to your business needs.
- Become familiar with advanced PKI settings and implementations.
All exercises are based on Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2016, Windows 10.
Module 1: Foundations of PKI
- Cryptography basics
- Certificate types (X.509)
- Certification authorities
- Certificate Revocation Lists
Module 2: Policies and PKI
- Security Policy
- Certificate Policy
- Certification Practice Statements
Module 3: PKI in Windows domain
- Managing PKI
- Configuring Certificate Templates
- Configuring Certificate Enrollment
- Configuring Key Archival and Recovery
- Configuring Trust Between Organizations
- Deploying Smart Cards
Module 4: Designing and implementing CA Hierarchy
- Preparing AD Environment
- Implementing CA Hierarchy
Module 5: Upgrading PKI Infrastructure
- Supported scenarios
- Upgrading certificate templates
Module 6: PKI Security
- Deploying certificates to Domain Controllers
- Securing CA Hierarchy
- Certificate Revocation
- Certificate Validation
- Role separation
- Planning and implementing disaster recovery
- Archiving encryption keys
Module 7: Deploying application-specific solutions
- Secure Web Traffic by Using SSL
- Configure email security
- Encrypting file system
- Wireless Networking
- Document and code signing
- AD RMS – design and configuration
Summary: Whats new in Public Key Infrastructure with Windows Server 2016
This training is not related to any specific certification.
Other relevant courses