MasterClass: Advanced System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2019 with Kåre Rude Andersen
This course will take you to the next level in this Advanced training in SCOM 2019. Learn to create Multi Layered Service Monitoring in SCOM. This three day course is created and run by Kåre Rude Andersen, MCT and active member of the System Center Alliance Team as well as TechNet.
The class is continuously updated to cover the latest release of the product, as well to include new tools and MPs.
About Kåre Rude Andersen
Kåre Rude Andersen is a MCT and active member of the System Center Alliance Team and experienced SCOM consultant.
Kåre has held all Glasspaper`s SCOM training the last years, and have attended NIC Conference in Oslo several times giving lectures on System Center. Let Kåre share his unique knowledge, tools, methods and experience gained from real scenarios and consultancy work.
This course is intended for Enterprise Systems Engineers, Administrators, System Integrators and Management Pack Developers who need to implement Monitoring using System Center Operations Manager 2019 (SCOM).
- Experience with Windows Server 2016
- Good understanding of Active Directory
- Good understanding of Network communication
- An understanding of the System Center Suite is desirable, but not needed.
- Experience with earlier version of SCOM or other Monitoring Tools
- Virtualization Technologies: Hyper-V and Windows Server 2016
- Knowledge of PowerShell
- Understanding of Operations Manager corresponding to Mastering Operations Manager 2016 or good working knowledge of SCOM 2012/2016
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe and understand the logical architecture of an SCOM infrastructure
- Configuring a distributed SCOM installation and defining resource pools
- Defining the Applications in a way so it will be possible to monitor each layer
- Deciding the best Authoring solution and using the correct type of monitoring object
- Using different tools to Create Management Packs
- Articulate the functions of the components and services in the System Center suite
- Working with SCOM in conjunction with other System Center products
- Digging into the Data warehouse database and using the aggregated tables for reporting.
- Troubleshooting issues with SCOM components and Agent Monitoring
- Design and creating end-to-end monitoring of Services – Multi layered application design
- Creating and Using Web Services to communicate with other Monitoring Targets
- Creating and using your own XML connector to communicate with Helpdesk systems
- Use Powershell to create scripts and get information about the SCOM environment
- Choose the best way to monitor your Cloud environment
- Use features from Microsoft Azure to do the monitoring of your Hybrid Datacenter