MasterClass: Secure productivity with Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 is based on Office 365, EMS and Windows 10, but the Microsoft 365 SKU's contain more than those suites bought separately.
This 5-day MasterClass focuses on how to implement the core story of Microsoft 365, which is Secure Productivity and Modern IT, with a focus on the added value of Microsoft 365 admin center.
MVP’s Ståle Hansen and Jan Ketil Skanke has created this class and maintains the content with the latest best practices for design, implementation, and administration. They have spent 2018 with Microsoft Partners helping them understand and execute on Microsoft 365. This MasterClass is the culmination of that process where IT-Pros gets in-depth training to deliver the Microsoft 365 story.
"Jeg synes innholdet i kurset generelt var veldig bra. Flott at det trekkes inn mye eksempler fra det daglige og konkrete scenarioer. Tipp topp!"
"Helhetlig dekning av aktuelle Microsoft 365 funksjoner og muligheter."
"Veldig fornøyd med den pedagogiske formidlingsevnen og faglig kompetanse på begge instruktører."
- Architects that need to understand how Microsoft 365 works with hands-on
- Consultants that need to design and implement Microsoft 365
- Administrators that need to control, maintain and succeed with Microsoft 365 on a day-to-day basis
• Base knowledge of cloud services like Microsoft Azure and Office 365
• Base knowledge of Windows Server 2016
• Base knowledge of Powershell
• Base knowledge of Active Directory
About the trainers: Ståle Hansen and Jan Ketil Skanke
Office Apps and Service MVP Ståle Hansen is the co-author of the book Office 365 for IT-Pros. He is Principal Cloud Architect at CloudWay with over a decade of experience with Skype for Business and is now focused on hybrid Office 365. He is regularly invited to share his experience at international conferences such as TechEd, Microsoft Ignite, NIC, Experts Live, and TechMentor.
Enterprise Mobility MVP Jan Ketil Skanke is a contributor to scconfigmgr.com. He is a Principal Cloud Architect at CloudWay with focus on EMS and Windows 10. Jan Ketil is also an international speaker at large industry conferences like Microsoft Ignite, Microsoft Inspire, Experts Live Europe, IT/Dev Connections and NIC Conference.
Day 1 and 2, Office 365 with MVP Ståle Hansen
Microsoft 365 Explained
- A walkthrough of the SKU’s
- Understand the business case
Microsoft Teams deep-dive
- Understand how Teams builds on core Office 365 services
- Understand where data is stored
- Understand Archiving
- Understand Guest Access vs Skype for Business Federation
Microsoft Teams Meetings and Cloud Voice
- Cloud Recording
- Live Events
- Understand telephony in Office 365
Office 365 retention, backup, and DLP
- Understand retention
- Do we need backup?
- Understand DLP
Office 365 Advanced PowerShell
- Tools available
- Microsoft Graph
- Azure Automation
Microsoft Teams PowerShell
- Deletion and restoring
Office 365 user lifecycle
- Group-Based licensing
Day 3 to 5, Enterprise Mobility and Windows 10 with MVP Jan Ketil Skanke
What is EMS?
- Intro to EMS
- The challenges with a modern workforce
- BYOD/CYOD and MDM terminology and concept
Identity and Access Management Foundation
- What is Azure AD?
- Azure Active Directory features in O365 vs Azure AD Premium P1 vs P2
- Hybrid Identity with Azure AD Connect
- Azure Multi-factor authentication
- Azure AD Application Portal - SSO - Federation
- Azure AD Application Proxy
- Dynamic groups in Azure AD
Enterprise Level Identity Protection
- Overview - Managing Corporate Resources
- Identity protection
- Conditional access in Azure AD
- Protect your tenants and apps
- Why Windows 10
- Windows 10 versions
- Windows 10 and Security
- What is Microsoft Intune?
- Preparing your tenant for device management with MS Intune
- Windows 10
- Enrolment methods and restrictions
- Profiles and policies
- Dynamic Provisioning
- Conditional Access in Intune
- Application Deployment
- Intune App Protection
Azure Information Protection
- What is Azure Information Protection?
- Classification & labeling
- Automatic labelling and classification with Azure Information Protection
Advanced Security Features
- Advanced Threat Protection
- Windows 10 Defender Advanced Threat Protection
- Azure ATP
- Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection
- Privileged Identity Management
- Azure AD Identity Protection
- Cloud App Security
Automation with Powershell
Other relevant courses