Veritas Netbackup 8.0: Advanced Administration
Acquire the skills to make your data protection strategy successful with the Veritas NetBackup 8.0: Administration course. You will learn advanced NetBackup topics, including NetBackup performance, disaster recovery, application backups on physical and virtual machines, virtual machine accelerator backups, and security. This course also covers using NetBackup to manage Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint database backups.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve NetBackup performance by addressing bottlenecks, tuning NetBackup buffers, and becoming familiar with NetBackup performance enhancing features.
- Prepare for common disasters and plan for disaster recovery using optimized duplication, Auto Image Replication, and MSDP catalog protection policies.
- Describe requirements for backing up third-party applications and databases.
- Configure NetBackup to back up and restore Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint databases.
- Discuss strategies for Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint database recovery.
- Configure, run, and manage backups for applications running in virtual machines.
- Configure accelerator for VMware virtual machines.
- Ensure your NetBackup environment is secure using encryption, auditing, authentication, and authorization.
This course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, or support of NetBackup.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience.
- Reviewing NetBackup Concepts
- Improving NetBackup Performance
- Preparing for Disaster Recovery
- Performing Disaster Recovery
- Optimizing NetBackup Deduplication
- Managing NDMP Backups
- Application Backup Concepts
- Managing Oracle Backups
- Managing Microsoft SQL Backups
- Managing Microsoft SharePoint Backups
- Managing Microsoft Exchange Backups
- Enhancing Virtual Machine Protection
- Securing the NetBackup Environment
- Implementing NetBackup Cloud Solutions