ECMAScript 6 Development
ECMAScript 6 (ES6) is a major step forward in client-side web development. ES6 has full support for object-oriented programming, functional programming (via arrow functions), and modular development (via CommonJS modules). ES6 also introduces some extremely handy syntactic features such as destructuring, the spread operator, and generators.
This course takes a thorough look at all the new features in ES6, and also shows how to transpile ES6 into ES5 for compatibility with today's browsers.
What you'll learn:
- Arrow functions and other function enhancements
- Array and object enhancements
- Object-oriented programming using classes and inheritance
- Iterables, iterators, and generators
- API enhancements
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Getting Started with ES6: Overview of ES6; Goals of ES6; Tool support
- Core Features in ES6: Variables, scope, and string literals; Function enhancements; Arrow functions
- Destructuring: What is destructuring; Array destructuring; Object destructuring; Destructuring techniques
- Miscellaneous New APIs: Number and Math enhancements; String enhancements; Regular expression enhancements
- Array Enhancements: Core Array enhancements; Typed arrays
- Object Enhancements: Object literal enhancements; Symbols; New methods in Object
- Classes: Defining classes in ES6; Encapsulation; Statics; Inheritance
- Iterables, Iterators, and Generators: Introduction to iterables and iterators; Implementing iterable objects; Generators
- ES6 Modules: Introduction to ES6 modules; Importing and exporting syntax; Additional techniques
Andy Olsen - author of the course
Andy is a freelance consultant and instructor based in the UK, working mostly in the City of London and Oxford. Andy has been working with .NET since the Beta 1 days and has extensive experience in many facets of .NET development including WCF, WPF, WF, ASP.NET MVC Web development, and mobile applications. Andy has designed and written many Microsoft Official Curriculum courses in the last decade, and has been engaged as author and technical reviewer with Apress on some of their biggest selling books.