Network engineers deploying Cisco IP Telephony and Video solutions. Individuals looking to achieve the CCNP Collaboration Certification.
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Working knowledge of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking, including LANs, WANs, and IP switching and routing
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches and to enable VLANs and DHCP
- Basics of digital interfaces, PSTN, and VoIP
- Fundamental knowledge of converged voice and data networks
- Prior attendance of the following is recommended: ICND1 and ICND2 or CCNABC, CICD and CIVND2.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe the role of Cisco Unified Communications Manager in a Cisco Collaboration Solution , including its functions, architecture, deployment and redundancy options, and how to deploy endpoints, users and Cisco IP Phone Services.
- Describe the functions and the purpose of a dial plan and how to implement on-cluster calling.
- Provide an introduction to QoS with emphasis on the QoS components often referred to as the QoS toolkit, that are used to provide services for various business applications. Describe how to configure MGCP, H.323 and SIP gateways.
- Describe the types of media resources that Cisco Unified Communications Manager supports, how to configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager server software-based media resources and how to implement Cisco hardware-based media resources.
- Create a Dial Plan that supports inbound and outbound off-cluster calling for numbers and URIs.
- Describe how to implement audio and video conferencing devices that can be used with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, built-in Cisco Unified Communications Manager software audio bridge, Cisco IOS-based audio and video conference bridges and Cisco TelePresence conferencing products including Cisco TelePresence MSE 8000, Cisco TelePresence Server, Cisco TelePresence MCU and Cisco TelePresence Conductor.
Recommended preparation for exam 300-070 - Implementing Cisco IP Telephony and Video Part 1
CIPTV1 is one of four courses required for the Cisco Certified Network Professional for Collaboration Career Certification