BlackBelt – Moving from Reactive to Proactive Security with Sami Laiho
Gartner has said that one of the most needed changes in enterprise security is to move to a least privilege approach, whitelisting of applications and overall proactive security. Microsoft said in November 2015 that 85% of all security threats would have been mitigated by moving to proactive security. In year 2015 all major antimalware companies reported more than 250000 new malware samples EVERY day!
Do you really need more convincing that you need to do it as well than these facts.
Join this four day workshop by Sami Laiho, one of the world’s leading Windows Security experts and get this thing sorted out and make sure you are prepared for the future. During this hands-on training you will see why proactive security is mandatory and also learn to implement it in practice. In this workshop you can choose to work with Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 to make sure you can really implement it when you head back home.
This training is level: 300
Attention: This course is taught in English!
This training is meant for all administrators and security professionals who want to make sure their environments are ready for the new security era where traditional security measures like anti-malware are not effective anymore.
- Basic experience with Windows Administration
- Basic understanding of Active Directory
- Basic understanding of networking infrastructure
- Introduction to the current and future state of IT security
- The showcase of how Windows really gets hacked!
- Implementing hard disk encryption
- Cornerstones of Windows Security – How the Security Subsystem really works
- Implementing the principle of least privilege – getting rid of admin rights!
- Correct use of different levels of admin accounts in an enterprise
- Why and How to use UAC effectively
- Server 2016 Bastion forests and the future of Active Directory security
- Mitigating Pass-The-Hash attacks
- Getting rid of lateral movement of admin accounts
- Correct decisions when choosing secure hardware in the future
- Moving to Biometrics and Two-Factor Authentication
- Whitelisting in Windows
- AppLocker in Windows 7 and 8.1
- AppLocker and Device Guard in Windows 10
Sami Laiho is one of the world’s leading experts in the Windows OS and an exceptional teacher/entertainer. Sami’s sessions have been evaluated as best session in multiple TechEd’s over the last years. Sami has been awarded Microsoft MVP (Most Valueable Professional) in Windows OS since 2011.
Sami has been a Windows admin for more than 15 years and a certified trainer for more than ten. Sami is a well known public speaker on Conferences in Europe, Australia etc.
Currently Sami works for his own company as a Senior Technical Fellow and specializes in Troubleshooting and security training and consulting. Sami’s company also consults and produces products to help companies to get rid of end user admin rights. Sami is also known globally as the developer of Wioski – a free replacement for Microsoft Steady State.
Read more about Sami Laiho on these pages: