MS 20696: Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Intune
Kursavgift: kr 22 500 | Varighet: 5 dager
This course is for experienced information technology (IT) professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses, or intends to use, the latest release of Configuration Manager and Intune to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and applications. By using Configuration Manager with Intune, EDAs also can support either domain-joined or non-domain-joined Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) scenarios, mobile-device management, and secure data access on common operating-system platforms, such as Windows, Windows Phone, Apple iOS, and Android.
Before attending this course, students must have working knowledge at the system-administrator level of the following:
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of public key infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
The prerequisites above may obtain equivalent knowledge and skills through hands-on activities, or by attending the following courses:
Course 20697-1: Installing and Configuring Windows 10
Course 20697-2: Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services
Course MS 20411: Administering Windows Server 2012 R2
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Read the official course description here
- Describe the features Configuration Manager and Intune include, and explain how you can use these features to manage PCs and mobile devices in an enterprise environment.
- Prepare a management infrastructure, including configuring boundaries, boundary groups, and resource discovery, and integrating mobile-device management with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Deploy and manage the Configuration Manager client.
- Configure, manage, and monitor hardware and software inventory, and use Asset Intelligence and software metering.
- Identify and configure the most appropriate method to distribute and manage content used for deployments.
- Distribute, deploy, and monitor applications for managed users and systems.
- Maintain software updates for PCs that Configuration Manager manages.
- Use Configuration Manager to implement Endpoint Protection.
- Manage configuration items, baselines, and profiles to assess and configure compliance settings and data access for users and devices.
- Configure an operating-system deployment strategy by using Configuration Manager.
- Manage mobile devices by using Configuration Manager and Intune.
- Manage and maintain a Configuration Manager site.
This course leads to the Microsoft exam 70-696
Exam 70-696 is one of two exams that you need to pass in order to be MCSE Enterprise Devices and Apps.
The globally recognized standard for IT Professionals
The Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Enterprise Devices and Apps certification validates that you have the skills needed to manage devices in today’s bring-your-own-device (BYOD) enterprise. It qualifies you for a career path which can range from traditional desktop support technician to enterprise management of BYOD devices and apps.
Read more about MCSE Certification here