Subversion Basics Training Course
Kursavgift: kr 8 900 | Varighet: 1 dag
- Basic knowledge of Window interfaces (including Windows command line interface)
- No previous Subversion knowledge is required
Module 1: Introduction to SCM
1. To demonstrate the principles of Software Configuration Management
2. To understand the benefits of strong SCM practices
3. To identify the symptoms of weak SCM practices
Module 2: Introduction to Subversion
1. What is Subversion?
2. About Subversion repositories
3. About Subversion clients
4. Important Subversion concepts
5. Browsing Subversion repositories
6. Checking out a Subversion project
7. A developers work cycle
Module 3: Making changes in the Working Copy Part 1
1. Status of the Working Copy
2. The Log Viewer
3. Adding elements
4. Renaming and moving elements
5. Modifying/reviewing elements
Module 4: Making changes in the Working Copy Part 2
1. Updating from a repository
3. Committing modifications
4. Conflict resolution
5. Working copy locks and clean up
Module 5: Basic Branching and Tagging
1. Why do we use branches and tags?
2. When to create branches and tags?
3. What to do with redundant branches?
4. How to organise and name branches and tags
5. How to create Subversion branches and tags
6. Tagging a working copy
Module 6: Switching
1. What is switching?
2. Why would you switch?
3. How do you perform a switch?
4. What happens when you switch?
5. Multiple switches and tagging
Module 7: Merging
1. What is merging?
2. How does merging work?
3. The Subversion merging algorithm
4. Merge tracking