The candidate is responsible for designing custom code for projects that are deployed to or interact with SharePoint environments.
Module 1: SharePoint as a Developer Platform
This module examines different approaches that can be used to develop applications with SharePoint Server 2013 the scenarios in which each approach might be appropriate.
- Introducing the SharePoint Developer Landscape
- Choosing Approaches to SharePoint Development
- Understanding SharePoint 2013 Deployment and Execution Models
Module 2: Working with SharePoint Objects
This module introduces the server-side SharePoint object model and how the core classes relate to sites and collections. The server-side SharePoint object model provides a core set of classes that represent different items in the logical architecture of a SharePoint deployment. Students also learn how manage permissions for server-side code.
- Understanding the SharePoint Object Hierarchy
- Working with Sites and Webs
- Working with Execution Contexts
Module 3: Working with Lists and Libraries
This module explains how to interact with lists and libraries. Students learn about how to work with lists and libraries programmatically using the server-side SharePoint object model and how to use query classes and LINQ to SharePoint to query and retrieve data from SharePoint lists. Student also learn how to efficiently work with lists that contain large numbers of items.
- Using List and Library Objects
- Querying and Retrieving List Data
- Working with Large Lists
Module 4: Designing and Managing Features and Solutions
This module examines creating and deploying custom Developing a SharePoint solutions and features. The students also learn how and when to use sandbox solutions.
- Working with Features
- Deploying Solutions
- Working with Sandboxed Solutions
Module 5: Working with Server-Side Code
This module describes how to develop and deploy Web Parts and event receivers in a solution.
- Developing Web Parts
- Using Event Receivers
- Using Timer Jobs
- Storing Configuration Data
Module 6: Managing Identity and Permissions
This module describes how manage permissions through code and customize authentication using custom claims providers.
- Understanding Identity Management in SharePoint 2013
- Managing Permissions in SharePoint 2013
- Configuring Forms-Based Authentication
- Customizing the Authentication Experience
Module 7: Managing Custom Components and Site Lifecycles
This module discusses planning and organizing sites and lists. The students also learn how to create custom component definitions and templates.
- Component Overview
- Defining Custom Lists
- Defining Custom Sites
- Managing SharePoint Sites
Module 8: Introducing Apps for SharePoint
This module introduces the SharePoint App, a new way to customize SharePoint functionality with SharePoint Server 2013.
- Overview of Apps for SharePoint
- Developing Apps for SharePoint
Module 9: Client-Side SharePoint Development
Module 10: Developing Remote Hosted SharePoint Apps
This module examines the difference between provider hosted Apps and Remote Hosted Apps. The students will also create and deploy a Provider Hosted App.
- Overview of Remote Hosted Apps
- Configuring Remote Hosted Apps
- Developing Remote Hosted Apps
Module 11: Publishing and Distributing Apps
This module introduces the App Catalog so users to locate, purchase, and install apps easily. The students learn how to package and publish Apps to the App Catalog.
- Understanding the App Management Architecture
- Understanding App Packages
- Publishing Apps
- Installing, Updating, and Uninstalling Apps
Module 12: Automating Business Processes
This module explains how to create workflows and workflow actions using Visio 2013, SharePoint Designer 2013 and Visual Studio 2012.
- Understanding Workflow in SharePoint 2013
- Building Workflows by using Visio 2013 and SharePoint Designer 2013
- Developing Workflows in Visual Studio 2012
Module 13: Managing Taxonomy
This module explains the importance of a good taxonomy in SharePoint and working with the components of the taxonomy. The students also see how to tie event receivers to the taxonomy.
- Managing Taxonomy in SharePoint 2013
- Working with Content Types
- Working with Advanced Features of Content Types
Module 14: Customizing User Interface Elements
This module explains different ways of customizing the SharePoint user interface, such as adding buttons to the ribbon or modifying the appearance of list views.
- Working with Custom Actions
- Using Client-Side User Interface Components
- Customizing the SharePoint List User Interface
Module 15: Working with Branding and Navigation
- Creating and Applying Themes
- Branding and Designing Publishing Sites
- Tailoring Content to Platforms and Devices
- Configuring and Customizing Navigation