MS 20532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
Kursavgift: kr 22 900 | Varighet: 5 dager
The candidates targeted by this training have basic experience in implementing and monitoring Microsoft Azure solutions. Candidates are also proficient with the development tools, techniques and approaches used to build application solutions.
|About Sergej Kešelj - instructor of the course|
Sergej Kešelj is the founder of ICodeFactory, where he works as a CEO, Chief Solutions Architect and Lead Microsoft Certified Trainer. He is MCT, MCPD, MCTS, MCDBA, MCSD and MCAD certified software professional with 10+ years of experience as a trainer and 15+ years of software development experience.
While educating and helping software professionals to get certified Sergej shares his broad experience from real-life software development projects. He has supported the whole development process of a CeBIT expo award-winning software which is now used by many international corporations. He does not miss a chance to speak at IT conferences. Some of his work has been published in leading IT magazines.
Before attending this course, students must have experience working with the Azure platform. They will also have a general understanding of ASP.NET and C# concepts for the lab scenario. Candidates experience can include:
- Compare services available in the Azure platform
- Configure and deploy ASP.NET web applications
- Creating Azure WebSites from the gallery
- Deploying and monitoring Azure WebSites
- Creating and configuring Azure Virtual Machines
- Describe the relationship between Cloud Services and Virtual Machines
- Deploy existing Cloud Service packages
- Create and manage a Storage account
- Manage blobs and containers in a Storage account
- Create, configure and connect to a SQL Databases instance
- Identify the implications of importing a SQL Standalone database
- Manage users, groups and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance
- Create a virtual network
- Implement a point to site network
Module 1: Development using the Microsoft Azure Platform
In this module, students will review the services available in the Azure platform and the Management Portals used to manage the service instances.
Module 2: Establishing a Development Environment using Azure Virtual Machines
- Azure Services
- Management Portals
In this module, students will learn about Virtual Machine hosting options available in Azure. Students will be able to deploy custom workloads to an Azure Virtual Machine, manage the VM and its images and also monitor VMs.
Module 3: Managing Infrastructure in Azure
- Constructing Azure Virtual Machines
- Azure Virtual Machine Workloads
- Migrating Azure Virtual Machine Instances
In this module, students will explore the Infrastructure components in Azure. Students will be able to describe Virtual Networks and understand the relationship between the VNETs and the different services offered in Azure. Students will also be able to add Cloud Services and Virtual Machines to VNETs. Finally students will scale multiple instances of services in a VNET.
Module 4: Web Infrastructure in the Azure Platform
- Azure Virtual Networks
- Highly Available Azure Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machine Configuration Management
- Customizing Azure Virtual Machine Networking
In this module, students will learn how to create and host a simple website using Azure Web Sites. Students will also learn how to monitor and manage the website using the Management Portal.
Module 5: Designing Cloud Applications for Resiliency
- Azure Web Sites
- Hosting Web Applications in Azure
- Configuring an Azure Web Site
- Publishing an Azure Web Site
- Monitoring an Azure Web Site
This module covers the common practices and patterns for building resilient and scalable web applications that will be hosted in Azure.
Module 6: Processing Background Logic using Azure
- Application Design Practices for Highly Available Applications
- Building High Performance Applications using ASP.NET
- Common Cloud Application Patterns
- Caching Application Data
In this module, students will learn how to use Cloud Service Worker Roles and Web Sites Web Jobs to process data in the background. Students will also be able to use Cloud Service Cache Roles to store data in the cache.
Module 7: Storing Tabular Data in Azure
- Understanding Cloud Services
- Cloud Service Web Roles
- Customizing Cloud Service Configurations
- Updating and Managing Azure Cloud Service Deployments
- Cloud Service Worker Roles
- Cloud Service Worker Role Processing
- Caching Data using Roles
- Analyzing Applications in Cloud Service Role Instances
In this module, students will be able to use Azure SQL Databases to store and retrieve data. Students will also learn how to store data in Azure Table Storage.
Module 8: Storing Files and Media in Azure
- Azure SQL Databases Overview
- Managing SQL Databases in Azure
- Using Azure SQL Databases with SQL Server Data Tools
- Migrating Data to Azure SQL Databases
- Replication and Recovery of Azure SQL Database Instances
- Azure Storage Overview
- Azure Storage Tables Overview
- Table Entity Transactions
In this module, students will learn how to store and access multimedia files in Azure using Blob Storage.
Module 9: Storing Data in Queues using Azure
- Azure Storage Blobs
- Controlling Access to Storage Blobs & Containers
- Monitoring Storage Blobs
- Configuring Azure Storage Accounts
- Azure Files
- Uploading and Migrating Storage Data
In this module, students will use Azure Queue Storage to queue data for asynchronous processing. Students will also be able to identify the Service Bus offerings and identify which ones to use in appropriate scenarios. Students will be able to use the Azure Service Bus Relay to connect on-premise services with client applications.
Module 10: Automating Integration with Azure Resources
- Queue Mechanisms in Azure
- Azure Storage Queues Overview
- Handling Storage Queue Messages
- Azure Service Bus
- Azure Service Bus Queues
- Azure Service Bus Relay
- Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs
In this module, students will explore the options for Automating their interactions with Azure Resources.
Module 11: Implementing Security in Web Applications using Azure
- Azure SDK Client Libraries
- Scripting Azure Service Management using PowerShell
- Azure REST Interface
- Azure Resource Manager
In this module, students will be able to use Azure Active Directory to implement security in a Cloud web application.
Module 12: Deploying Web Applications to Azure
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure AD Directories
- Azure AD Access Control Service
- Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication
In this module, students will be able to deploy web applications to Azure by using WebDeploy and Service Packages.
- Deployment Strategies for Web Applications
- Deploying Azure Web Sites
- Deploying Azure Cloud Services
- Continuous Integration
- Monitoring Cloud Applications
Read the official course description here
This course leads to the Microsoft Exam 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions.
Read more about the exam here